The Future Leaders Program, designed by Townsville Enterprise, educates the next generation of regional leaders on the issues, opportunities, and challenges impacting Townsville North Queensland. The program is a succession plan for the region, ensuring the skills, knowledge and talent within Townsville North Queensland are retained and developed.
About the program
The Future Leaders Program will run for eight months, commencing February 2024. The Graduation event will be held at Queensland Country Bank Stadium in September 2024. The Program consists of seven, full day modules, which will focus on key themes of the Townsville North Queensland region.
- Media, Marketing and Public Relations
- Defence, Logistics and Transport
- Mining, Resources and Green Energy
- Health, Innovation and Education
- Tourism, Events and Sports
- Government and Business
- Agriculture and Water
The program includes one-on-one mentoring with the participants and key business leaders within the region. This part of the program is self-managed by the participant.
- Expressions of interest 10 October - 1 December 2023
- Interviews and successful applicants notified - mid December 2023
- Applicant-Mentor Matching Event - end December 2023
- Meet the Leaders Networking Event - 16 January 2024
- North Queensland Future Leaders Program commences - February 2024
- Module days throughout 2024 (over eight months)
- Graduation Event at Queensland Country Bank Stadium - September 2024
A program fee - at the introductory price of $3,800 (ex GST) - will be invoiced to all successful participants. This program includes attendance at all industry module days, attendance at Townsville Enterprise forum events and Graduation event ticket.
If you are interested in participating in the North Queensland Future Leaders Program 2024, please submit an expression of interest.
NOTE: Successful applicants through the EOI process will be requested to participate in a candidate interview conducted by an industry selection panel.