The North's Energy Superpower Has Been Unlocked!
With the recent announcement that the State Government will own and deliver CopperString 2.0.
CopperString 2.0 is the most advanced electricity project in the country and is the energy enabler for our region.
This 1,100km transmission line will connect the North West Minerals Province to the east coast electricity grid for the first time in Australia’s history
It will unlock $740 billion worth of untapped known minerals in the region and will unleash 33GW of green energy potential along this corridor.
In October 2022, the State Government released the Energy and Jobs Plan. This Plan reflects more than a decade of advocacy by Townsville Enterprise to recognise the North’s potential as a renewable energy and critical minerals superpower and to unlock new industries and jobs for our region.
Townsville Enterprise congratulates the State on this plan and vision.
Electricity makes up 25% of the operational costs of the resources sector in North West, but as those costs are driven down, new investment and jobs will be on the rise.
More than 10 years of advocacy…
- We continue to have a seat on the Powerlink Consumer Advisory Panel
- We established the North Queensland Hydrogen Consortium
- Ongoing and consistent budget submission for State and Federal Governments
- Unlock the North Road Trips – North West and Green Energy
- We’ve held the North Queensland Energy Futures Forum
- Submission to the Queensland Energy Plan
- We’ve attended State, National and International delegations calling for infrastructure investment
We will continue to stand united with the regional Mayors of North and North West Queensland.
Energy has been at the top of Townsville Enterprise’s advocacy agenda for more than a decade.
Our advocacy story for CopperString 2.0 - March 2023
The region reacts to the CopperString 2.0 announcement:
We invite you to Join Townsville Enterprise to be part of Securing the Future of Townsville North Queensland