Townsville community update
The multi-agency recovery response in Townsville will continue this week with city-wide activities occurring, including:
- A number of temporary waste disposal facilities opening throughout the city, with increased operating hours and personnel at some waste transfer stations.
- Townsville City Council crews will be collecting flood waste and debris in the Collection Zones until Sunday 17 February. Fees are being waived for flood-affected domestic waste throughout this event.
- Memorandum of Understanding between Townsville City Council and Team Rubicon Australia (TRA) to help with recovery from natural disasters.
- From Wednesday 13 February, TRA will coordinate its registered volunteers to undertake controlled clean-ups of residential properties including flood waste removal, mould remediation, and general household and yard cleaning. You can register to volunteer here.
- Australian Defence Force personnel will be operating throughout the Collection Zones on Monday and Tuesday to collect flood waste materials removed from domestic and residential properties over the weekend.
- The Queensland Fire and Emergency Service is helping clear accessways, clean houses and move flood-damaged hard rubbish to the kerb this weekend throughout the Collection Zones. Support is also being provided to residents outside of the Collection Zone at Alligator Creek, Bluewater, Gumlow and Nome.
- Ergon Energy continues to work on restoring network supply. Ergon is aiming to have supply available to all customers impacted by the floods by Tuesday 12 February.
- GIVIT - Goods for Good Causes is working with Townsville City Council to manage donations.
- For more details please visit Townsville City Council’s Emergency Management Dashboard.
Emergency Housing Assistance Request Form
This form is used to request emergency housing assistance through the Department of Housing and Public Works when your home has been damaged and you cannot live in it due to a cyclone, storm or other event. https://www.hpw.qld.gov.au/ehar
- Beyond Blue Support Service 1300 22 4636
- Lifeline 13 11 14
- Sane 1800 187 263
- Suicide Call Back Service 1300 659 467
- Men’s Line Australia 1300 78 99 78
- Alcohol Drugs Information Service 1800 250 015
- National Debt Helpline 1800 007 007
- If you or someone else is in immediate danger, call 000 or go to your nearest hospital emergency department